Re: [A/S] 1968 Cabinet/Bulkhead Finish

Jim,
Start with Minwax Golden Oak. Adjust the hue with Minwax Special
Walnut 224. Adjust the lightness with Minwax Natural. (A mix of 4
Natural to 1 Minwax color will lighten the color by about 1 shade.)

If the bulkheads have not yet been installed, spray with lacquer. Or
if you don't have spray equipment, use Deft available in an aerosol
can. If they have been installed, there are hazards galore spraying
inside the enclosed trailer. In that case, use a polyurathane wiping
varnish. Two coats will do nicely.

> Chuck and Lynn mention Watco oil finish. Is this a possibility and where
> does one find it?

I have been woodworking and finishing hardwood for over 50 years and
the only thing I know for sure is that everybody will have his own
recipe. In my case, I do not care for Watco oil. But if you are so
inclined you can buy it at Lowes, Builders Square, Home Depot, et
al.

Ebert Steele