Re: [A/S] Results from Service.

Thought i'd jump in here with some recent experience. I left Reno, NV on
7/23 headed for Tucson, AZ, via I-95 through Las Vegas. Driving the Silver
Beast ('79 Dodge Champion RV with factory re-built 360cu.in. V8). I'd
removed the Coleman roof-air some months ago to rehab it and install in the
Trailwind. I replaced it with a FanTastic Vent (bi-directional fan unit). I
figured that under way, I'd be cooling with the Dodge's in-dash a/c
(recently charged with refrigerant, functions as good as it can), and when
parked, i'd use the FanTastic. Blistering heat all the way, daytime temps in
the desert hovering around triple digits continuously. Dash air working
overtime and barely keeping me and the cat comfortable. Whenever we stopped,
i'd look for some shade - any little amount would do - open the side
windows, and crank up the Fantastic Vent... I swear the whole inside of the
RV cooled down within a minute or two, and was much cooler than we were when
under way with the a/c on...
If i were to stretch some wet t-shirt material over the windows, i'll bet it
would cool down another five degrees, easily. Long story short (if it's not
too late), when i got home, i bought two more Fantastic Vents - a second one
for the Beast, and one i'm installing right now into the Burro... and when
the time comes, two more into the Trailwind.

Moral of the story: judicious use of natural shade and a single 12VDC fan
can outperform 110VAC air-conditioning under brutal summer desert
conditions.

Tuna