Re: [A/S] I-70

I-70 through Colorado is the real thing- uppermost point is 11,200 ft+,
 at Eisenhower Tunnel, I think.
I would say if trailering is new  to you, this is not the road to learn
on.  Have have had my Safari & Up & Down a few times. Brakes on
both tow vehicle and trailer must be at their best, and also
be able to use your gearing. Thin air yields less power- you'll wonder
what's wrong with your rig. It's common to see the big rigs, Rvs , and
others with badly smoking brakes on some of the long
grades. Runaway ramps are also present, for good reason .There are many
ups & downs, not just one of each. Don't mean to scare, but this is
my take on it. It's not impossible, but a serious road
than can bring out nay weakness in your rig.
If you can go by a southern route, I-40  through Albuquerque may be
better- The continental divide in NM is around 6000 ft.
Jere Potter, Ft Collins, CO- you can call if you come through this way!