Re: [A/S] Grand Cherokee and Safari

Harvey,

I do appreciate your thoughts and experiences with your daughters
rig. I know I'm pushing the envelope and it is a question of whether
I'll be happy with doing so. I did tow about a 7,000 pound boat with
my '94 Grand Cherokee and feel it was a reasonable choice. Not
a 'burbon but the performance and handling was acceptable after a few
mods to the Jeep.

With the my new Jeep, I do question the performance from the smaller
V8 (4.7L verses the 5.2). Even though on paper it has better numbers
for both torque and horsepower, it doesn't seem to have the same
grunt as the old 5.2.

I'm assuming your daughters Jeep was a '99 or newer, had the V8 and
the factory class 4 tow package? I'm also wondering what type of
hitch she used since I'm thinking the Hensley Arrow might make a huge
difference with the rig.

Thanks again for sharing.

Bob