Re: [A/S] Generators

It's a 13,500 btu A.C with a running current of 12.5 amps.  I don't yet
have a lot of experience with the gernerator yet.  However, when I first
brought the genny home I plugged the trailer into it and started playing
with stuff.  It was a cool day and the first time I tried the A.C. it
did start the compressor.  Boy was I tickled.  A week or two later on a
hot day I was showing off for a friend and naturally the compressor
wouldn't start.  The generator tripped off on overload.  The generator
overload light came on for about the 7 secs., to which you're refering
but then tripped off.  So for the experience I have currently, if it's
cool out the generator will run the A.C.  If it's hot, it won't   :)

The 12.5 amps running current of my A.C. is about 75% of the full 2000
watts.  So if the A.C. were running there is some spare capacity for
intermittent use.  As I mentioned earlier one of the cool things about
the Hondas is the ability to parallel.  I think two of the EU2000 will
run two A.C. units as long as both compressors don't try to start at the
same time.  I'll know in September when I go to Reno for the airplane
races.