[A/S] Water system question

I found a leak in the fitting on the water storage tank of our 1965
Overlander.  The manual shows one outlet, looking down from the top of the
tank, on the rear corner and one fill spout.  Ours has another pipe from the
front corner leading around to behind the sofa arm and back to a "T" at the
top center of the end and then it continues down to where the tank drain is.
Is anyone else set up this way? Does anyone know why someone would plumb it
this way?  I need to repair or replace the tank, I would like suggestions on
reinstalling  and  re-plumbing.

                                                             Thanks,
                                                                   Chuck &
Lynn