Re: [A/S] black water shroud

I did this project last year, had a new box fabricated for my '64
Safari.  The pipe in question does come from the heating system, so the
tank does not freeze into a cube of "black Ice", when in
use. Worse, if it froze, could crack the fiberglass tank. I chose to not
connect the pipe, since I don't use during winter, and part of my
winterization is to drain black water tank. I only covered
the pipe over with duct tape, should I ever want to reverse. If I am in
the unit during the winter, We don't use the black water tank. (at 8200
feet in Colorado, I know it's already frozen) Whatever
slight gain in heat retention for the inside, I would rather have it
there when the furnace is on.
If you need a new shroud,  the cost to have it fabricated by a metal
shop,  was about $85. Exact replica, but in a slightly lighter gauge
galvanized steel, so save weight.  Have a couple of pics if
you want to see them, contact me off list. I reconnected the shroud
using Stainless Steel screws from the bottom, not through-bolting from
the top like the original.
Good luck with yours, I know it's a crummy job, but the reward is some
peace of mind.
Jere Potter #1877
'64 Safari, Fort Collins, CO