Re: [A/S] Refrigerator Removal, Burping, and Probably Replacement

Jim,

Comparing the measurements of the opening in the trailer to the specs listed
in the CW catalog, the depth is fine, the width is close, maybe correct, but
the replacement unit is approximately 2" shorter than the original.  I think
the reduced height can be compensated for with spacers such as one or two
pieces of 5/8" plywood cut to fit the floor space and secured to the floor
of the fridge compartment and/or a piece of oak or aluminum trim across the
top.  I haven't done one before so I'll be figuring out a solution after
purchasing and test fitting the replacement.  I understand that the backside
of the unit is supposed to isolated from the inside of the trailer for safe
venting of propane or fumes so the refrig has to fit tightly around the
front edge.

Power requirements will be identical:  115volt ac house power for when the
trailer is plugged in to services, propane for the situations when the
trailer is either under tow or parked without hookups, and 12 volts dc for
control circuit and lighting.  I'm not sure whether the existing copper line
supplying propane will connect as is or will require alteration but it
shouldn't be too challenging.

The advantage of the new fridge will be claimed increased efficiency, and
most of all, a control panel across the top much closer to eye level instead
of at the very bottom of the unit requiring kneeling on the floor to turn
the refrigerator on/off and set the temperature.

Harvey