Re: [A/S] Boondocking in an Airstream

We like sleeping together too, and don't want to be in twin beds.  Is
the pullout double comfortable?  It seems most RV mattresses I've been
on were lumpy or hard.  Would the pullout double
accomodate a futon mattress?

> 1. The trailer length is short enough to get into most any campsite
> or park.

This is important to us too.  I know of a few nice hot springs too that
have small campgrounds, and it's always nice to have a nice, long, hot
soak after bumming around in the dust for any period of
time.  I have a full size truck, a Dodge 1500 club cab/short bed with 4
wheel drive.  It only has the 5.2L engine though, so pulling a loaded
31' trailer up steep, sloppy, slopes (wow, say that one
three times fast), may get a bit uncomfortable.

> 2. The 25' trailer is the smallest one which separates the sleeping
> area from the dining/kitchen area.

Very good points, and something we both desire in a trailer.  So far
then, it seems like a 1974 (we want a grey water tank) or newer
Tradewind or Overlander is going to be our best bet.  What about
the rear bath in the 25'-27' trailers?  Do they suffer from the same sag
problem that the larger A/S's do?

> Hope this helps.

It does, thank you!

-Ted