[A/S] Re: Trailer Accidents

Harvey, you covered every possibility. You should be a tech writer.

I'm sure there have been some accidents due to the equipment being
used, but I'd bet 95% or more are just driver mistakes. I have only
had one close call while towing. I was driving thru Santa Rosa Ca &
some driver coming on the freeway switched lanes in front of me doing
about 20 mph. I slammed on the brakes as hard as I could & managed to
slow enough to not hit the car. Incidently, thats a good reason not
to travel with full tanks! Even with empty tanks, my gray water tank
shifted enough that the input line started leaking & had to be
repaired. The batteries slid forward so fast they cracked the skin
around the battery doors.

I saw a A/S & full size ford pick up laying on their side in Oregon
on I-5. It was at the top of a long steap hill & had to have been
going pretty slow when it flipped. I don't know what caused it. I saw
another A/S that rolled in Barstow CA. Don't know what happened there
either. I've had several drivers pull back in front of me after
passing really too close. Some truck drivers like giving you a little
scare some times. I just think its the drivers & not the equipment
causing most of the accidents.

Jim W
SF CA area.
77/31' A/S