Re: [A/S] Brake Controller Installation

FWIW:
 I finally decided to follow the consensus here and go with a
hydraulic-actuated controller. The Hayes seems to be obsolete and
unavailable, but Can-Am RV carries a Warner hydraulic controller.

The bad thing with the Warner is that it must have the brake hydraulic
system connected directly to the controller; the Hayes uses some sort of
pressure sensor that 'Tees' into the line under the hood, but has only
wires going to the controller under the dash. I added a brake hose right
at the controller to give it some flexibility so I can drop the bolster
that it's mounted on. That came right from NAPA, as did the fittings for
the under-hood connections.

I've made only one short (35 mile) trip so far, but I like the brake
action a lot.

                                                   <<Jim>>