Re: [A/S] Where to find replacement power receptacle?

FWIW: I wanted to do this on our Avion, for the same reason: stiff
cord and not enough space to cram it into. I picked up a 20-amp
3-prong Twist-Lock recessed Plug (male gender) that is meant to be
hard-mounted and a matching receptacle (female gender) that goes on
the cord. Cut the cord off and wired it in appropiately. Also got
another receptacle cord end and wired it to a short #14 pigtail with a
standard 15-amp male plug on the end.

This setup gives me the option of using the 10-3 cord for a 30-amp
hookup or the 50' #14 cord that I carry if I don't need to run the
A/C. Between the 25' trailer cord, a 50' 10-3 (30-amp RV) cord, and
the #14 cord, I can be over 100' from a power receptacle and still get
connected. No, it's not good enough to run the A/C, but it's plenty
for the converter for Winter camping in a friend's yard.

Yes, I realize that the twistlock plug/recpetacles should be 30-amp,
but I got the original pair CHEAP at a hamfest. The terminals will
accept #10 wire just fine, and I have no doubts that the prongs will
handle 30 amps if ever called for. That's quite unlikely because we
carry nothing that draws over 14 amps or so; that's the A/C and a
portable heater. Obviously operation of either is exclusive of the
other.

                        <<Jim>>