Re: [A/S] Brake Controller Installation

Hi Tuna,

I've got a '96 Dodge RAM 1500 4WD, with the factory tow-package.  I just
picked this truck up a couple of days ago, and haven't yet looked
closely at the engine compartment.  How would I be able to
tell if the RAM has the trailer wiring installed?  It's a relief to hear
that I can do this myself!! I just bought a used Hensley Arrow hitch
this morning on E-Bay, and between that and the truck,
funds are running very tight -- and I still haven't even found my
Airstream yet...yikes!

Thank you so much for the quick reply, I'll start browsing for the
controller in the online catalogs.

BTW, this is my first trailer, and I have no idea what other do-dads I
need.  Thank GOD for this list and you folks, it has been an imense
help.  Through lurking here, I've been able to determine
that I need a hitch and a brake controller, is there anything else?
While surfing around, looking at break controllers, I noticed there's
some kind of break away device that applies the trailer
breaks in the event that the trailer comes unhooked from the tow
vehicle.  The add claimed these are required in all 50 states, is this
true? Do they usually come with the trailer? Are there any
other items that I'm going to need to pull my yet-to-be-purchased Silver
Twinkie? :)

-Ted