Re: [A/S] Where to find replacement power receptacle?

As a owner of a 59 overlander I can understand your frustration with
finding these obsolete parts.. Because of stringent electrical codes
these days the plug is no longer made. The plug on the trailer now has
no defined ground lug, so if the cord was improperly wired you could
have a direct short. I was on my way to Home depot today after reading
your message and I did some investigating....First you must modify your
current power cord with a male 30amp end. The end that now will go into
the trailer will be a male three prong end. Leviton model#2611, around
$18.00 Home Depot price. Now remember this is going to give you a power
cord with 2 male ends, so make sure that the end is plugged into the
trailer first before you plug into the power source or you might get
zapped!!! Ahh the pleasures of antique trailers!!!! Next step, the
recepticle on the trailer. This will require some ingenuity.... I
measured the plug on my 59 and came up with 3.25'' aprox.I found a
recepticle @ Home Depot, Leviton#70530FR(125v 30 amp)About $20.00. You
will have to cut the outer tabs off and make up a benzle with 3 holes to
affix to the trailer, the door that swing down over the recepticle will
be something that you can engineer. Be sure to use plenty of Vulcum
sealant on the inside of the benzle  so no water can get inside the
compartment. The recepticle will now be a female configuration. You will
notice that the new setup is only rated for 30amps vs the origional 35
amps but with appliances being as energy efficiant as they are today the
only thing that might screw you up would be a A/C unit. I hope that this
will solve your delemma or at least give you an idea  of what it takes
to keep a older classic such as this on the road. I know that every time
I run into these problems with mine I come away with a feeling of pride.
There are not many of these trailers on the road now due to neglect or
modifications. It is our job to keep this type of "Americana" on the
road so all can enjoy and marvel for years to come. "They Don't Make Em
Like They Used To"
  Please let me know how you make out.
                                                    Regards,
                                                 Joe DeLillo