Re: [A/S] Black Tank (was Pickup (and other) Questions)

Believe us, this is correct info.  We've met many trailerites trying
to dislodge many years of cardboard sides from leaving the black
valve open.

And 2 years ago when we bought our '83, there sure enough was
a "black pyramid" blocking the flushing from the toilet.  We chose to
soak the muck loose, because we were working on the Dream Stream and
not yet on the road.  We used dishwasher powder and let it sit until
disolved, almost 2 weeks.

Haven't had a problem since, but we never dump the black tank until
nearly full.  Then follow with the grey water.

When we are parked, we leave the grey valve open, because invariably
one of us will run too much water and find standing water in the
shower.