Re: [A/S] Astro question for Jack

Hi Kellie,

I'm not Jack, but I pulled our 72 27' Airstream with our 92 Astro (tow
package, heavy duty everything).  Twice.  Once home from purchase and
the second time for the week at the beach...Unloaded,
almost (bought the groceries and sand buckets when we got there).  The
combination of the Astro's short wheel base (instability) and the 6000lb
tow capacity (trailer unloaded is about 5000-5500) just
didn't give us enough margin for error, safety and generally relaxing
comfort in towing.  It worked at the time, and I would recommend the
Astro as a puller for just about anything smaller (we had
the largest Coleman tent trailer previously).  We now have a F250
Powersmoke Crewcab and can take the trailer, the kids, friends,
groceries, bikes and not worry about stability or maxing out the
limits of the equipment (well, sorta...all the dirty laundry coming home
kinda maxes my limits).  We found the trailer first, then had more
reason to "want" the daily driver I got...;-)

Judy White, Bellevue (Seattle East)
72 27’ Int’l Ambassador, 01 250Powersmoke
WBCCI #5040, VAC, NCU#138
mailto:dmurtha@seanet.com