Re: [A/S] Replacing Airstream Molding

Charlie, I assume the current plastic "banana wrap" parts are available from
Airstream. Correct? I further assume they are attached under the rub rail
top side and to the belly pan underneath. Is there one size fits all model
years for each of the four corners or do the pre 1969 coaches take a
different set than the current models? Naturally, I have a 1968 model which
may require something different than the available replacement plastic type.

I understand that it's a bear getting the aluminum type banana  wrap off to
bump out the inevitable dents as they are under the 22.5 in. belly wrap
panels. Might it be easier to install the new plastic "bananas" on top of
the original aluminum to cover up the dings and dents? I'd hope the plastic
type isn't as fragile as the original aluminum type.

Jim Greene