Re: [A/S] First trip of the year

Assateague can be a very hostile environment. I'm not a shore person yet
something keeps drawing us back. There is both state and national camping on
the island. We choose the state campground it is closer to the ocean. The
ocean breezes tend to keep the bloodsuckers grounded somewhat, yet a drum of
Cutters or Off is something to bring and be sure to have a bottle on the
dashboard because you will want to apply liberally before you chock the
wheels. At sunset beware and have transfusion bottles nearby and cover all
exposed skin because all forms of misquotes take flight. I don't have any
proof of this but there are rumors that a 10 year old boy was carried of by
one. Yet the place draws us back. When our children were younger I was
holding the hands of our son Kyle, the water was up to his waist and maybe up
to my knees, we were letting the ocean splash into us when all of the sudden
a wave came over our heads and pummeled us. Oh I forgot to tell you the ocean
there can be rough with a strong under tow. Well, I picked myself and Klye
out of the sand and began to look for my glasses. Needless to say the ocean
washed them away. About five hours later when I thought this vacation was
going to be a blur, a fellow from 3 loops down stops by and asks if we were
the ones that lost glasses in the ocean?  Can you believe it, here they were
a little sandblasted but nevertheless in good shape. We have many stories
about this place, the ponies, deer, rabbits, campfires, the wind. I can't
leave this out tie everything down. Now was the 10 year old blown away or
carried away?

Always has a place in our hearts.
J.L.Dietz #4361