[A/S] Re: First trip of the year

Hi Frank, you are not alone.  We have two children and this is our
fifth year Airstreaming.  We have a 1969 overlander.  The kids are
now 13 and 10.  We all look forward to our annual summer trips.  We
started camping in a little Colman popup when they were tots.  Life
got really good when we got the Airstream. It took a year to convince
my son it was still "camping", or at least a viable alternative in
his opinion.  Two weeks on the road with the Airstream is easy. Once
we're in the routine, we could go a couple of months.  If it wasn't
for the necessity of work, we probably would.

My wife and I spent a couple of days in Ocean city on our honeymoon
in 84, though we were hoteling it then. With our AS we have twice
been to Virginia (DC area), down to the Carolinas, Cape Anne MA, and
up to Maine, but have not made it back to Ocean City. We have a week
planned for Acadia National Park this year. That Blackwoods is a
beautiful campground there.

We took our first trip Easter week this year.  It was a little
different from normal.  We flew down to Pheonix AZ to pick up our new
(1984) AS Motorhome.  We spent a day cleaning and stocking provisions
in Mesa, then spent several nights in Mather CG in Grande Canyon NP
then started home. Mather is a beautiful campground and of course,
the canyon is spectacular.  Weather was greate!  Kids loved it.

Next outing is the Tin Can Tourist Ralley with the Trailer here in SE
Michigan.  I'm looking forward to checking out all the rigs there.
Jim