[A/S] Re: jack position, curtain clips

Hi Barbara,
Terry & Hunter have really good information, but I replaced ours in a
32' Excella last year and we're really happy with the installation.
Like Hunter, I would have preferred wood, but was out voted.
With careful measurments, we went carpet shopping, and since we could
only find 12' wide, we had to buy more than we needed.
We took the old carpet to the warehouse and laid it out for more
accurate measurement the day we ordered it.
I was concerned about the "knee knocker" and new tack strips and all
that work carefully explained by the saleswoman, so we asked for a
reference for installation.  The installer never bothered to call for
such a small job, and we had already purchased the carpet so that
left us to do the work.
Since I was concerned about a tight fit, I cut it 2-3 inches larger
than actual measurements, but as I slid it into place, instead of
trimming to fit, I finished it with "tuck & roll" which really looks
good.  I removed all the tack strip & I used the higher grade double
faced carpet tape from Lowes.
It held up with 3 adults living in it full time for 6 months.  The
good thing is that now I am pulling it up to really clean it and the
floor beneath before we head out on our annual trek.  No matter how
careful we are, not wearing shoes inside, plastic carpet runners
during the days while driving, etc., the road dust seeps in and
settles deep in the fibers.
I used the scraps to fit inside the cabinets and you can't tell it
wasn't installed underneath them.
Our 30 year old son told me the other day how great it looked and
couldn't believe I had done the job by myself.  I have to agree with
him, it does look great.
I had to piece the length in back between the twin beds, so I took it
on up the wall to the back window, and I replaced the comfort panels
under the side windows with carpet too. I also took it up the tub
wall across from the toilet.  I was hoping to eliminate crevices for
dust to accumulate.

 Looks good.

Tricia