Re: [A/S] Chevy Transmissions for Towing -Continuing the Discussion

Bud,
 I have a trans temp guage on my Dodge and watched it closely during our
trip last Winter. The only time it came up from 140 degrees was when I
was manuvering around my friend's yard. Had to go back and forth maybe a
dozen times to get the rig (truck and trailer) turned around, and
because it was in the grass, I had to use a bit of throttle to get it to
move.

As long as you have a lockup torque converter and are in a gear where
it's locked, you won't see much heat. Get it down into 2nd on a long,
steep hill and you'll heat it up. Also, if you're descending a long
grade and the converter isn't locked (which is typical), you'll heat it
up, especially if you have an exhaust brake.

                                         <<Jim>>