[A/S] Shock mounts

Bob,
First, sorry for the double post; saw the typo after I hit the submit
button!
The axle(s) are torsion, as are all Airstreams, I believe. If one tire
goes flat, you can still drive on the remaining three. The nature of the
torsion does not enable it to be 'forced' into twisting as far as to
accessing the stud mount. Indeed, that would be the ideal situation, but
the placement of the shock tower precludes any rotation- the stud is
still trapped between the tower and the frame.