Re: [A/S] Nice Campgrounds

John,
By now you have seen the recommendations regarding
campground guides (I use Trailer Life) and other
ideas.
I've been pulling trailers of all types for about 28
years and we've been in all types of campgrounds.
Guides and recommendations are my first point of
contact.  The Internet has given a new tool that I
have found handy in researching new campgrounds.

Bottom line no matter how much research you do, you
are going to end up in some stinkers.  We tend to
travel to destination type campgrounds with full
hookups and spend 1 to 2 weeks per stay.  One of the
things we do when we get to our destination is to
scout out the other campgrounds in the area.  You
would be surprised how many times we either end up
moving or coming back at a later date to the "other"
campground in the destination area.

You will also need to learn that every campground has
its least desirable areas and you have your own
preferences.  An earlier poster hated Garden of the
Gods campground in Colo. Springs.  I stayed at the KOA
in the same city which was so noisy with highway
traffic that we moved to Garden of the Gods and loved
it. Again it depends on what site you get, and what
your expectations are.

Yes I have been in some campgrounds where we were
almost awning to awning and had a great time.  I've
been to some that were so lonely that its been scary.
I've camped in a beautiful park on Kentucky Lake only
to be awakened by the diesel engines on the tow boats.
 I've also been camped in a heavily wooded campground
in the Ozarks to be awakened by squirrels dropping
acorns on the roof of my trailer at daybreak.

I've seen Niagara falls, Cooperstown N.Y., Myrtle
Beach, Destin Fla, St. Augustine Fla, Mackinac
Michigan, International Falls Minnesota, Wisconsin
Dells, Branson, Gatlinburg Tennessee, Estes Park Colo,
just to name a few.  I can tell you that if it hadn't
been for my trailers, I wouldn't have made or afforded
many of these trips.

It's a big country out there John.  Lots to see and
do...and for my 2 cents worth, a lot more fun and
adventure when you take your home with you.

We are awaiting delivery of our new A/S Safari and are
in the process of selling our current trailer.  We got
out the pictures of the current vehicle and it's
travels to place inside the trailer for folks to look
at.  My wife and I started looking and talking about
the good the bad...but mostly the fun.

Good luck in your adventures.

Regards,

Jack Canavera