RE: [A/S] 66 safari bits and pieces

         Reply to:   RE: [A/S] 66 safari bits and pieces
Parts to fix appliances, or process to fix appliances exist.  They can
be common replacement parts, used specialty parts, or adapting new parts
to replace old parts.  For Dometic, Marvel & Norge fridges, the only
thing I've seen not repairable is a busted case or leaking cooling
tubes.  For the Magic Chef oven/stoves. they almost use the same working
parts today as back then.   You can even had chipped busted/enameled
tops & doors redone.  The Dometics and Dixies are a little harder,
but the Magic Chef parts (burners, safety valves, controls) can be
adapted too.  Hot water heaters are an exception, as the problem is
usually tank leaks.  Here the preferred method is taking a modern HW
heater and installing it internally in place of the old unit, but
retaining the exterior shroud, and the internal cover if applicable.

Don't forget that the fridges, ovens, stoves, heaters, HW heaters, water
pumps, toilets, etc. used on an Airstream were exclusive to Airstream,
but were used by all RV manufacturers of the period.  Don't restrict
yourself to looking for Airstream Appliance parts when checking with RV
salvage yards, RV service centers or parts suppliers.

I've been collecting sources for parts for awhile, and will add others
as they become known (let me know off-line).
http://www.vintageairstream.com/rr_topics_suppliers.html

Later,
RJ
VintageAirstream.com