[A/S] Re: What's Up Jack?

Bob,

Two things:
1) You probably don't need a 2 ton capacity jack unless you are going
to try to balance your whole trailer on it with all wheels and tongue
jack off the ground. Your van may have a gross weight of up to 3 tons
but no single lift point is apt to exceed 1 ton or so.
2) A simple bottle jack will probably do the trick. I bought one at
WalMart rated for 6 ton. I didn't buy it for the weight rating, but
because it has a lift range from about 8" to 17". They have smaller
jacks with less capacity and shorter lift ranges. I think prices
range from $10 to $20.

John H.