Re: [A/S] Safari Spare

Hunter,

If you mean under the trailer in the traditional spare tire carrier area, I
suppose it could be done but would not be very practical.  The problem
presented would be hanging the spare tire and spare tire carrier under the
belly where there would be insufficient road clearance when traversing gas
station driveways, and other uneven surface terrain.  The spare wheel and
tire should be recessed to provide sufficient clearance.  And it is the
cutting out and preparing of the recess that requires considerable labor.

I suppose a wheel and tire could be hung on the rear bumper but I would
emphatically recommend against doing so.  Other than under the belly, I know
of no other satisfactory location for the spare wheel and tire.

Harvey