Re: [A/S] Now Rebuilding old Airstreams

Hi Steve,

I don't get your point about where Harley Davidson has been for the last 10
or 12 years.  I see nothing but blue skies for H/D in the coming years.
Their marketing and ownership makes them entirely different than A/S.  For
example, the employees of H/D are owner workers and they ride what they
create.  They have absolute pride in what they make.  Also, I just visited a
Harley Davidson shop in Manassas, VA and there wasn't a vintage part that I
could dream of that wasn't on the SHELF!

H/D doesn't restore or rebuild vintage Harley's, the sell machines and the
upgrade/vintage parts.

BTW, Harley Davidson sells it's entry machine for many thousands of dollars
under manufacturing cost.  The idea is that when the owners move up to a
machine that is more suitable, they purchase a machine that is many
thousands of dollars in excess of the manufacturing cost.  The idea is to
recoup the loss on the upgrade.  A/S could learn a lot from H/D and I don't
think A/S is quite there yet!

Guess that's why I ride a Honda, I can buy a better machine for less money!

                                                 Joy