Re: [A/S] Now Rebuilding old Airstreams

mercedes benz has a factory restoration shop and none of the things
you mention are a reality in this part of the auto restoration business....
i see this as a plus to avaiblity of parts that are not manufactured
now....In reality not everyone will want a "factory"
repair or can afford one. I see this as sign as to how strong the
market is and Mother A/S desire to take care of their own.  i think that
three well placed service centers won't have an adverse affect
when you think how large this country is.
I've tried to order some parts for 10 year old fords/GM's and it isn't easy
.... I need all the help I can get keeping my old stuff on the road.
If prices go up on older/vintage A/S's i think it indicated that we
were smart to get in on the front edge rather than the end when the prices
are up..... remember where harley davidson has been the last
10-12 years???????