[A/S] Re: Routing advice

Hi, Lew:

     Which Columbus?  Ohio?
     Jane and I have tried a number of routes from ToG to I-75 at
Dalton, then onto Helen and ToG; we like the one that follows US 52
most of the way best - it's longer, but less mountainous.  These
aren't the rockies, but the roads can be very twisty and turny.  We
especially do not like the route that goes through Hiwassee.  Any map
program can generate directions that will work fairly well.
     Whichever route we take, we try to come into 17/75 on Alt 75, to
avoid traffic in Helen (although, that shouldn't be too bad in early
March)
     One route we have *not* tried is the one that joins I-75 at
Cleveland TN.
     If you don't have access to mapping programs (try MapQuest or
MapBlast or Yahoo! maps on the internet, if you can), I'd be happy to
use my Delorme programs to generate some alternatives for you. Just
let me know.

- Dick
(5368)