Re: [A/S] Cost of Camping

<<  As much as I'd rather pay $12 for camping, sometimes $27 is the going
rate for a campground located in a good spot where you don't have to fight
traffic and find your way with complicated directions, etc.  >

When I'm traveling I usually stay at any place I see when I get tired.
Freeways have signs showing little campers.. I get off and pull in.  They are
no frills... usual cost about 12-15.00 a night.  Last night and tonight I'm
at Caost to Coast "resorts"... $6.00 a night.  The other one was quiet...
this one is right next to I-75. No frills.

 <Are there camp grounds associated with clubs that cost less with comparable
amenities as a typical KOA?  If so, I wonder if they're plentiful with good
locations?>

Some are some aren't.  The Coast to Coast in Rapid City, SD... Hart Ranch...
is as nice a place as I've stayed... this place is on the highway.

> I'd like to think I was getting my money's worth with a stay if I could use
 a pool/hot tub, and have some decent amenities like level sites, and good
hookups.  >

I can only tell you I spent an average of $20.00 a night last summer.... I do
have lots of 10% discount cards... Good Sam, Escapees, WBCCI etc....The 10%
usually pays the taxes.

 I also have Passport America... 50% off (always the first night, sometimes
more) and Coast to Coast, RPI and Enjoy America.

I get a discount almost everywhere.... I wouldn't have all these if I wasn't
fulltiming.

Hunter