Re: [A/S] Patching A/S skin around new H2O heater

Joy wrote:

If you got a hundred of the Olympia done without the special tool, I'm
confident that I could at least get a couple right for my first 100! :)

Joy:

My Dad and I have done about 300.  We're on our 2nd order of rivets from
Airstreamdreams.com!  Go to the following Url for a picture of the air
tool we used and an un-shaved rivet (you can see the "tail" that needs
to be shaved):

The tool (can't remember the name) is for flat headed rivets, not the
olympic kind, but has worked well enough (if anyone wants to climb up on
top of the trailer and look at the "practice" rivets, they are
welcome!)  We did have a few mistakes, but those were easily drilled out
and replaced.  You'll probably want to use some kleekos to hold the
aluminum in place while you're riveting.  Others on the list, and the
VAC list have used a dremel tool to shave the rivets with success.

Good luck!

FYI...I had to convert my egroups to yahoogroups when I went to get the
Url... ;-(  Not the easiest of proceedures!

Judy White, Metro Seattle and not raining enough!
72 27' Int'l Ambassador
WBCCI #5040, VAC
mailto:dmurtha@seanet.com