[A/S] Re: Clearcoat Finish Formulation

That would be a good assumption if anyone knew how it fared over
three or more years in the sun/snow, etc. One could have assumed that
Airstream would have tried their best (and maybe they did) when they
went to the early 90's formulation which we (meaning I) have to
'fix'.

One of the officers in the local unit just had his 25' '92 Excella
coated in Dallas at North Dallas RV (an authorized servce center) for
approximately $1,200-1,400. I was quoted $1,400 +/- for the top 1/2
of my 25 footer there. P & S gave me a figure of $2,400 +/- for the
same work, and of course I would get to take a trip to Ohio (?). I've
got to wonder, Charlie said that the clearcoat was good for maybe 3
to 4 years depending on sun and weather exposure, so at say $2,000,
that is a built in $50+/- per month maintenance cost. If covered
storage would double the life of the clearcoat then we're only
talking about a $20-25 per month hidden maintenance cost plus the
cost of paying for the storage or building a shelter. No wonder many
of the used a/s I see have the cloudy top.

On a related note, if I have a spot where the coating is flaking off,
could I just spot treat it with some Krylon Krystal Clear as a
temporary fix?

John H.
Deep in the Heart o' Texas