Re: [A/S] Frozen battery - more

Hi All,

My owner's manual for the '69 Safari indicates that a "univolt system" is
installed.

To quote one response, "Nope, RV converters are pretty stupid. They will
output 12V whenever plugged in."

My manual says that the "univolt system" is pretty smart - "When your
Airstream is hooked up to 120-volt city power,  .  .  .  . has a unique
voltage-sensing section in the charger circuit that automatically controls
the charging current.  When the battery is fully charged, shut off is
complete;  .  .  ."

I often wondered why the univolt seemed to turn off and I didn't hear the
hum until I read the owner's manual.

Of course, if there's an open connection to the battery the U/S won't know
about the disconnected battery. :)

                                                   Joy