[A/S] Re: greetings from new list member.

I had a single-axle 23', 1972 Safari which I hauled largely without
incident.  My only problem came with a flat tire, and that was with
the ninnies that won't move over a lane when they see a trailer on
the side of the road (about 10' off, in my case) with a very nervous
owner changing a tire.  There was some damage to the wheel well that
was repaired by the factory people at reasonable cost.

Harvey is correct - adjust your mirrors so that you can see your
tires.  No need to be afraid of the single-axle rig.  Some prefer
them.

I have a dual-axle 28', 1995 Excella.  In it, I had a simple flat (no
damage) and later a tread separation (lots of damage - about $750).
I believe the newer trailer is more stable, but also believe that's
partly because of the Hensley hitch.  It's certainly more stable
against bow-wave blasts from passing semis.

- Dick
(5368)