Re: [A/S] greetings from new list member.

Jim Smith is correct about some of the limitations of a single-axle trailer
but, putting it in perspective, boat trailers and small U-Haul trailers
probably travel a million or more trouble-free miles across the country
every year.  And Wally Byam led caravans consisting of many single-axle
trailers around the world in areas with no paved roads.

I own a triple axle A/S which I have towed many miles but recently acquired
a '66 A/S Safari 22' single-axle trailer that I look forward to towing as
often and as far as I can afford when it is once again road-ready.

Don't be afraid of your single-axle trailer, just keep your rear view
mirrors adjusted so that you can keep an occasional eye on the trailer tires
and remain alert for strange feelings of instability that might develop as
you tow.

Harvey Barlow
Lubbock, TX
WBCCI 1171, WDCU, VAC