Re: [A/S] AS

Hi Henry,

I don't know anyone who likes to be told they are wrong...do you? (c:
I think it's the nature of email lists to have talkers and listeners.  Many
of our subscribers do their talking on the vintage list, but audit this list
too.
We are up to 450 subscribers now.

I'm going out on a limb here.... I think the people who are attracted to
Airstreams are not the shrinking violet type.  I shouldn't generalize I know,
but the people that I've met just aren't shy and are happy to share their
knowledge.

 <Maybe that is the reason for people not getting involved.  Without making
anyone feel bad, this site seems a  bit "clickish" and I noticed the same
when I am surfing around other  AS sites. >>

I'm sure you might be right, but you have to understand...because of the
WBCCI and the rallies many of us have met so we are not a bunch of strangers.
As we are friends we might seem to be cliquish to someone who is new here or
hasn't met any of us. We might have "inside" jokes and such or tease each
other which comes from familiarity.

<It seems  that those folks who have had AS for a # of years
 are a bit short of time for those recent Airstream owners.>>

Now here's where we are way apart... I disagree.  I think the people here,
the experienced owners have been more than generous with their time and
knowledge.  No one *has* to answer any questions, but so many do.  It's okay
if we sometimes disagree on the answers...the questioner has to weigh the
answers and see what works for him.
One subscriber, Tom Patterson, has made a website and archives all the high
points for newbies.... Look at any reply Terry has ever made.. they are long
and precisely detailed.  I've named two which is maybe unfair to all the many
people who have taken time to help newbies... hell Henry, we've had
subscribers go some distances to help others by looking at trailers they were
thinking of buying.  I think quite a few of us have bought our trailers
because someone here on the list was watching out for us..

 <<On a personal basis, I bought the AS for what it is. I don't feel a need
 to belong to an AS group, or be "inspected" to see if I am worthy of
 an AS.>>

Suit yourself, no one is making you join are they?  The thing is, those of us
who you are accusing of being cliquish are actually friends because we did
choose to join an AS group and we get together and have a blast.  I don't
personally like everyone I meet at rallies,(you can't like 1,000 out of 1,000
people you meet) and I'm not crazy about the big big rallies like the
Internationals... but I can't wait for Sarasota next month... I'm looking
forward to hanging out with my friends, from this list, that will be there.

I don't know where you live, but if you came to Sarasota and introduced
yourself to me I could then introduce you to the others and you might enjoy
yourself.

I have to agree with Mr. Cooper about being pushed into being an officer... I
would have faded away quietly too as I don't like to be railroaded. It's
unfortunate that he had that experience.  Like I said I donlt like everyone I
meet in the WBCCI.... and I've made some valuable friendships because of my
Airstream... many more friends than people I don't like.

 <<Thanx for the chance to sound off. Henry >>

You're welcome, that's what we're here for. (c: Your letter and Mr. Cooper's
should spark some interesting dialogue.

Hunter
TN for now