Re: [A/S] A question from a wannabee

Not to put a damper on your enthusiasm for this particular trailer (what
year/model?), i was in a similar situation last spring. In my case, I was
looking for a particularly rare vintage type/size (either an early
Cruisette, or a late Clipper) and it seemed like all the ones i could find
were a couple of thousand miles away (i'm in northern Nevada).

Then someone on the vintage list pointed me to the Iowa Boy's website,
www.iowaboys.com , and i found the perfect trailer at the right price, on
consignment there. I took an afternoon to fly down there (they're about five
minutes from the Burbank Airport), check it out, put down a downpayment, and
returned to pick it up a week or so later...

Unless you're looking for something especially rare (there's a Bowlus for
sale in Ojai), your ideal Airstream is probably sitting in a driveway, in a
public storage lot, or somewhere else within a thirty mile radius of your
home... i've owned a couple of other previously-owned airstreams, and have
never regretted the purchase.

welcome aboard!

tuna
'49 Clipper