Re: [A/S] Re: Tow Unit ?s

Jim, Harvey and Jim,

Thanks so much for the replies.  This kind of information so helpful when
making these big decisions.  I hate making those big, possibly expensive
mistakes of buying the wrong vehicle.

Harvey, you are so right.  I know I have to stay in the used market.  This
somewhat limits my ability to get exactly what I want.  If I would be
happy with an E150 there is basically an unlimited amount of vehicles to
look at.  If I have to go to the E250 or E350 (3/4 or ton van) my options
are sharply curtailed in the used conversion van market.  I know, I could
go with a pickup or suburban type vehicle but for it's overall intended
use I think a van would serve our purposes best.

Something to really keep in mind.  Thanks Harvey

Jim, I wish dodge put the cummins in their vans.  I would certainly be
looking for one.

My thoughts exactly Jim.  That's where I'm looking.

I'd love to hear from more of you as to whether or not I can happily get
away with a 5.8 to 5.4L engine or do I really need to go to the big block
or diesel that is only available in the heavier van.

Thanks,
Eric
76 International 25'