[A/S] Re: Tow Unit ?s

We have a 1978 23' unit that weighs about the same and we pull with a
99 Silverado 1500 with the 5.3L and a 3.42 rear end...2 wheel drive 3
door, with the 6' bed.
It has a tow mode button that changes the shift points in the
electronic control of the transmission.  We have not pulled any
mountain roads, but some of the hills we have encountered on back
country roads seem as steep as any we might encounter elsewhere...

20 - 21mpg solo and 12 -13 with trailer...

So far no complaints with this trailer... We passed up a real buy on
a bigger trailer that made me wish we had a larger tow truck, but for
this trailer, I don't feel anything bigger is required...

Good Luck

Jim