[A/S] '68 A/S Side Glass Replacement

Oliver,

A few days ago a man by the name of Chris, owner of BKRV around Longview, TX
offered three windows for '60s era trailers for sale.  He had three
different sizes and his offer included complete windows with all of the
components.  His offer is the only one I have seen or heard of.  The curved
glass is apparently no longer available through glass retailers and it is
very difficult to find an original A/S window.

I have already replaced my broken ones with a product named Acrylite II
which is marketed by Cyro Industries, Inc.  (www.Cyro.com).  It is a product
loosely described as a plastic, but is hard and scratch resistant.  I need
more parts for my vintage A/S than my budget can handle so I'll have to
stick with the Acrylite but it is a compromise at best.  If you want
original glass and can afford his price, I would recommend you grab the
windows offered for sale.  You are unlikely to find them anywhere else.

Chris' e-mail address is BKRV@aol.com.  He is on the A/S list and probably
monitors messages as well.

Harvey