Re: [A/S] Re: AS entry door

Hi, listees and Happy New Year,

Re: Polly's Hinge,  I would suspect that the hinge would be hard to
find.  You might take the old hinge to a machine shop and have the worn
pieces over bored and bushed back down to fit the hinge pin.  If that
only lasts another 50 years, you can always have the bushings replaced.

;^)>

Re:  The dead bolt suffering from extensive shortness of the longness,
I had to replace mine in a hurry on the way to my last rally. (Harpers
Ferry VAC gathering.)  The latch mechanism was already removed because
of a broken handle, and all I had was the deadbolt to hold the (suicide)
door closed.  Then that broke too!  GACK!  Down to camping world in a
big hurry, walked in 10 minutes before closing, found a deadbolt with a
long bolt, and replaced it by parking lot light.

Don't remember the brand of deadbolt, but I bet it's in their online
catalogue.

Matt

PS:  To see how that weekend ended check out the "Files" section of the
list in the folder "Rally Ender".  Poor Powersmoke had to have its
petrochemical tummy pumped.   :^\>  (Another senior moment.)