[A/S] Caravan abandonment

Jim,  I've wondered how your situation has been handled in past caravans,
especially those involving Wally Byam and overseas trips.  It seems to me
that those caravans certainly suffered thier losses, but abandonment was
not an option.

I can understand a professional caravan leader having an obligation to
fullfil their contract to those who can still continue on the trip.  This
just makes me more cautious as to policy and procedures should breakdowns
occur.

I hope to go on the Cape Town to Cairo anniversary caravan (if it becomes
reality) but would not risk being "left behind" like you were.  Thank
goodness you weren't too terribly far from home.

Anyone else have historical information about this abandonment issue?
Pearl?  Lavonne?

Jay L. Griffin
jrnymn@davesworld.net
http://homepage.davesworld.net/~jrnymn/jrnywebarchive.htm