Re: [A/S] where to buy new cushions

Mary:

We had the foam replaced in ours last summer...The original was a latex and it was
very comfortable, if you could hold your nose and sleep.  P-U Bigtime mildew!  The
foam shop I visited, suggested what Charlie described below, but 5" of high density
and 2" of softer, actually the eggcrate stuff turned upside down.  (The original
comfortable latex foam used in our A/S is no longer made for environmental mfg
reasons, I was told.)  We used this combo on the front goucho/bed.  Cost for foam
only in our covers was abuot $175.  She stuffed and zipped for that price also.  I
would recommend the zippers over velcro...The foam, once stuffed, is compressed and
really wants to escape.  The velcro wouldn't hold it unless you used wide stuff (2")
along the full length of the opening...Much pricier than a zipper.  The foam combo
is ok, but not as comfy as the original or a regular mattress.  The new foam takes a
"set" of your body shape and takes a while to recover (uncomfortable when changing
position at night).

For the twin beds, I had custom mattresses made...About the same price for two
75x32.  Standard twin is 34 I believe.  These were mid-range quality and are much
more comfortable than the replacement foam.  If I could replace the front goucho
foam with the custom mattress, it would be really comfortable too...

Judy White
72 27’ Int’l Ambassador
WBCCI #5040, VAC
mailto:dmurtha@seanet.com