Re: [A/S] where to buy new cushions

Mary,

Airstream doesn't have any provisions for providing new cushions. Nor is there
any national outfit that I have heard of. In our area we have a number of
upholsterers that are quite capable of making new cushions/covers. You might
want to start there. In the sixties Airstream used latex foam. While is was the
premium stuff for its time, it won't last for ever.
Two years ago we redid the cushions in our 61 Bambi. We got  6" high density
foam and had them upholstered with a new fabric. Nice, but in the long run they
turned out to be too stiff to sleep comfortably on. This next spring we are
going to be doing another set in our 75 Argosy. We have already talked to the
shop and we are going to experiment with two densities of foam. We plan on using
a lighter density for the first 2" and high density for the remaining 4". We'll
see how that works.

Charlie