Re: [A/S] Re: How cold is cold?

We don't get that much freezing weather here in Seattle (except this last
week) but to ensure against freezing I bought an adapter plug at Eagle (now
Lowes) that has a thermocouple switch that comes on at 45 degrees. With this
plug in the outlet and a small "Turbo" heater plugged into the switch the
heater only comes on when it is cold enough to do damage and I don't have to
worry about it. I do turn off the water at the main, drain the hose and open
the drain valves. I also put some pink anti freeze in the traps and tanks as
an extra precaution. This worked last winter and I hope it does this winter.
We use the unit every weekend or I would fill all of the lines with the pink
stuff.
Greg