[A/S] Thermometer Installation

Hi, Rich:

     I installed one in my '95 Excella - a Radio Shack
Indoor/Outdoor/Inside Humidity one.  I mounted it in the LR area, on
the wall formed by the refrigerator compartment.  Then, I drilled a
small hole in the wall (after checking in the outside fridge
compartment to be sure I could fish the outdoor probe line out)
through which I pushed the outdoor probe line, and with a piece of
coathanver wire, I snagged it inside the fridge compartment.
     Since the outer door of the fridge compartment is louvered (as
you have pointed out), I just anchored the probe just inside one of
the louvres (I used plastic ties to anchor the probe lead to stuff
inside the compartment, so it wouldn't get in the way).  This also
shields it from direct sun.  So, my outside temp is actually the temp
just inside the fridge compartment.  This is well away from any
heating elements that might cause a false high reading.
     It seems to work well this way.  If I detect any problems with
this probe placement, I'll worry about fishing it through the floor to
the outside of the trailer, beneath.  I didn't want to bother with
that because the belly wrap doesn't seem to have any openings through
which I could conveniently fish the lead.

- Dick
(5368)