Re: [A/S] 1966 30' Sovereign

Bill,

Your '88 Suburban will have ABS brakes and it is no longer recommended to
use the old fashioned hydraulic-electric Kelsey Hayes brake controllers that
we once used because tapping into the tow vehicle's hydraulic brake lines is
now considered incompatible with ABS brakes.  You will have to purchase and
install one of the modern trailer brake controllers which operates from an
electrical signal received from the tow vehicle stop light switch.  You can
choose among several brands and two types that I am aware of.  One type has
a simple electronic delay circuit that is driver adjustable to coordinate
tow vehicle and trailer brake application, the other type uses a pendulum
which senses tow vehicle braking force to apply trailer electric brakes.  I
prefer the pendulum style but either is fine.

Harvey Barlow
Lubbock, TX
'93 Excella, '66 Safari, '94 F250HD

"Just bought 66' Sovereign and need to tow it from
Ohio to Texas. I need info about trailer brake hookup."