RE: [A/S] Sway control options

Ben,
I currently tow my 26 foot, single axle Overlander with a '93 Ford F-250. I
use a Reese hitch with the dual cam and a Reese friction bar! Overkill,
perhaps, but with over 8000 miles this summer with this setup, my wife
considers it a joy to share in the driving! For those of you who know her,
you know that this says a lot!

I have used the dual cams with other tow vehicles (same trailer). A '73
Chrysler New Yorker, a '83 Suburban, and a '93 Dodge Dakota. They worked
fine on the Chrysler and the Suburban, but after the first road trip with
the Dakota I bought a Pull-Rite hitch. (Hensley was just too far out of the
budget). The Dakota was just too light to properly handle (control) the
Overlander with the Reese on the Interstates. I would of lived with it, but
I was planning a cross country trip and wanted to feel safer. The Pull-Rite
did the trick, but I must say that it was not the most convienient thing to
use.

Given your tow vehicle of choice and the length of your trailer, I would
combine both the dual cam and the friction bar. If you end up towing
extensively you should really consider a larger, heavier tow vehicle.

Scott Scheuermann