[A/S] Airstream Lite

For whatever its worth, here is my input to the question.

I had the opportunity to visit the factory at Jackson Center once again
in September.  Noticing that a large percentage of the factory
production capacity is now devoted to the smaller, lighter, Bambi and
Safari trailers, I asked the tour guide some specific questions about
the difference between the lighter trailers and Excellas.

The tour guide explained that the chassis, frame, suspension, aluminum
ribs, skin, and overall construction methods are identical between the
lighter units and Excellas.  The difference, according to the guide,
besides the obvious size, comes from veneered cabinetry vice solid oak,
lighter weight and lesser quality RV industry windows, a generic entry
step vice the classic Airstream aluminum (cost = $700 according to the
guide), generic RV industry steel LPG bottles instead of the costly
aluminum, and other features of that nature.

Harvey & Tess Barlow
6020 77th Street
Lubbock, TX 79424
Ph: (806) 798-2023