Re: [A/S] New Truck Opinions solicited

Jerry:

We chose the Crewcab for the space.  It has the full size back seat and will
seat 6 adults, comfortably.  We have two children who are growing fast and often
take a friend apiece when camping.  This would not be possible with an extended
cab.  The back seat (little hard shelf) in the extended cabs are just too small
and uncomfortable for adults, let alone putting kids back there (you know, the
sibling stuff, "He's touching me!" "She's breathing too loud!").  We didn't want
the big SUV (either Suburban or Expedition) because many of the extras we take
are outside toys that go well in a pickup box (bikes, BBQ, wood for the fire).
I'd rather hose it out after a trip than to have to shampoo and detail the
inside of an SUV.

I really preferred the ride and drive of the Dodge.  They just didn't have the
Crewcab.  We currently suffer from kids, friends and stuff.  10 or 20 years from
now, we may be able to downsize, but then where would we put the grandkids?

We chose the diesel because we live in the Seattle area...Every direction we go
to camp is up a big hill!  I'd rather *choose* to go slow and gawk.

Hope that helps...

Judy White
72 27’ Int’l Ambassador, 01 F250 Powersmoke Crew
WBCCI #5040, VAC
mailto:dmurtha@seanet.com